Thursday 7 May 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Terminator Salvation, directed by McG, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 2009 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 May
- David Mellor: English journalist lawyer and politician Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Over 100 New Zealand Police officers begin a 40-hour siege of a lone gunman in Napier, New Zealand.
- The Eastern Partnership conducts its inaugural meeting in Prague, Czech Republic. (AP via Examiner.com)
- Canada experiences its first swine influenza-related death. (CP24 via ''Canadian Press'')
- Wildfires near Santa Barbara, California, United States, burn of land and force 15,000 people to evacuate. (BBC)
- The Armed Forces and the Union of Forces for Democracy and Development battle near Goz Beïda, Ouaddaï Region, Chad. (BBC)
- China announces that 5,335 schoolchildren died during an earthquake in Sichuan on May 12, 2008. ''(The Guardian)''
- An American man is arrested in Burma for trespassing on National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi's property. (BBC)
- The Central Bank reduces the Eurozone's interest rate to 1% and implements €60 billion of quantitative easing. (BBC)
- A fire at a casino kills ten people and injures ten others in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine. (BBC)
- The Bank of England freezes interest rates at 0.5% and will implement £50 billion of quantitative easing. (BBC)
- Ten Army soldiers are killed and 22 others injured during combat with the Taliban in Swat, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Somali pirates hijack the Netherlands' MV ''Marathon'' and attack the U.S. Navy cargo ship ''Lewis and Clark''. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?