Monday 7 May 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Hick, directed by Derick Martini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 2012 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 May
- At least 14 civilians are killed and at least 6 other civilians are wounded by a NATO air strike in Badghis Province. (Al Jazeera)
- The tomb of Muslim saint Sidi Mahmoud Ben Amar, part of the World Heritage Site in Timbuktu, Mali, is attacked and burned by Islamist fighters. (Al Jazeera)
- The death toll from flash floods on the Seti River in Nepal reaches 17 with another 47 people missing and presumed dead. (AP via ''Mercury News'')
- South Korea seizes thousands of smuggled capsules from Northeastern People's Republic of China filled with powdered human flesh. (''The Telegraph'')
- Clerics in Malaysia issue a fatwa against Muslims participating in ampquotunproductive demonstrationsampquot. (''Jakarta Post'')
- The CIA announces it had foiled a plot by Fahd al-Quso, a Yemeni affiliate of al-Qaida, to have a suicide bomber, using an improved version of the underwear bomb used by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab in 2009, to blow up an American-bound airliner no lives were ever at risk. (MSNBC)
- Voters in The Bahamas go to the polls for a general election. (''Bahamas Weekly'')
- Former Prime Minister Perry Christie's Progressive Liberal Party wins in a landslide, with Christie expected to become the next Prime Minister on May 8. (''Washington Post'')
- Outgoing Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham, whose Free National Movement party suffered heavy losses, concedes defeat in the election and announces his retirement from politics. (''Nassau Guardian'')
- USL Leader, Victor Ponta, becomes Prime Minister of Romania. (Yahoo)
- Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu announces his desire to hold the country's general election on 4 September, more than a year early. (BBC)
- Vladimir Putin is sworn in for a third six-year term as President of Russia. (BBC)
- Voters in Syria go to the polls for parliamentary elections as the death tolls from the uprising continues to increase. (''Al-Arabiya'')
- Paeleoclimatology research published in ''Current Biology'' suggests that the greenhouse gas methane from dinosaur's flatulence may have warmed the Earth. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Gaël Givet, troubled by a heart problem, suffers a further health scare during the live televised Premier League game between , prompting treatment from physios and paramedics. (Sports)
- Former Premier League champions Blackburn Rovers are relegated to The Championship. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?