Saturday 7 November 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Newman in Boston and Jaap Stobbe.
Come and Get It, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1936 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barry Newman in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Amy, Deadline, Petrocelli).
- Jaap Stobbe: Dutch actor (Dageraad).
- Dame Gwyneth Jones: Welsh soprano.
- Audrey McLaughlin: Canadian politician.
- Alvin Attles: American athlete, played pro basketball for 11 seasons, beginning in 1960.
- Gary Roubos: American chemical engineer and CEO of Dover, an industrial products line. Roubos is a Harvard graduate with a BS in Chemical Engineering and an MBA degree who is a strong believer in an entrepreneurial culture and decentralizing.
- Gwyneth Jones: Welsh soprano
- Battle of Madrid begins
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?