Thursday 7 November 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guido Provoost and Antonio Skarmeta.
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guido Provoost: Belgian historian.
- Antonio Skarmeta: Chilean writer.
- Dakin Matthews: American actor director and playwright.
- Antonio Skármeta: Chilean author and academic.
- Tacoma Narrows (Galloping Gertie) Bridge collapses, Washington State, USA.
- In Tacoma, Washington, the original Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge's completion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?