Thursday 7 November 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Song of the South, directed by Harve Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chrystos : Native American lesbian writer, a Menominee rights activist and poet.
- Daniela Giordano: Italian actress who is foremost known for her appearances in the Italian exploitation cinema in the late 1960s and in the 1970s.
- Gordon Eubanks: American executive, President and CEO of Symantec Corporation of Cupertino, CA.
- John Aylward: American actor.
- Bal Negre opens at Belasco Theater NYC for 54 performances
- A coin-operated television receiver is displayed in New York City. For the cost of a quarter, one could see various test patterns and a model of "Felix the Cat".
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 November 1946 and get them!