Thursday 7 November 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- King Kong Bundy: American professional wrestler.
- Jonathan Palmer: Formula-1 racer.
- Kong Bundy: Wrestler.
- Christopher Knight: American actor.
- Massimo Ciavarro: Italian actor and television personality, who started his career in 1972, as a fotoromanzi actor.
- Kathy McMillan: American track and field champion who set an American record in the high jump of 22 ' 3" in the Amateur Athletic Union National Outdoor Championships on 6/1976. In 1976 she made the U.S. Olympic team and graduated from high school. From her early teens she was a physical education star, jumping from 12-13' regularly.
- John Benitez: American DJ songwriter and producer
- Tony Schiavone: American wrestling announcer
- Phillies pitcher Jack Sanford wins NL Rookie of Year
- WEEQ (now WWTO) TV channel 35 in La Salle, IL (IND) 1st broadcast
- Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?