Sunday 7 November 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Robertson and Steve Parkin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lisa Robertson: TV Show Host.
- Steve Parkin: English footballer and manager.
- Sigrun Wodars: German runner and physiotherapist.
- Friedrich Wildgans: Composer, dies at 52.
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Tall City Golf Open
- Pillsbury's world-famous mascot, the Pillsbury Doughboy, is created.
- Vietnam War ndash Operation Hump: The 173rd Airborne is ambushed by over 1,200 Viet Cong.
- The British Indian Ocean Territory is created, consisting of Chagos Archipelago, Aldabra, Farquhar and Des Roches islands (on June 23, 1976 Aldabra, Farquhar and Des Roches are returned to the Seychelles).
- The Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965 is given Royal Assent, suspending the death penalty for murder in the United Kingdom renewal of the Act in 1969 made the abolition permanent.
- The soap opera ''Days of our Lives'' debuts on NBC.
- Northeast Blackout of 1965: Several U.S. states (VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY and portions of NJ) and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13½ hours.
- Vietnam War: In New York City, 22-year-old Catholic Worker Movement member Roger Allen LaPorte sets himself on fire in front of the United Nations building in protest of the war.
- In Rhodesia (modern-day Zimbabwe), the white-minority government of Ian Smith unilaterally declares independence ('UDI').
- United Airlines Flight 227 a Boeing 727-22, crashes short of the runway and catches fire at Salt Lake City International Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah. 43 out of 91 passengers and crew perish.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- The Vogues - You're The One
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?