Monday 7 November 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Poor Side Of Town by Johnny Rivers.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1966 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Calvin Borel: American horse jockey.
- Andy Tomberlin: Monroe, North Carolina -- Outfielder (NY Mets).
- Lisa Canning: Virgin Islands -- Hostess (Entertainment Tonight).
- Rube Bressler: American baseball player (d. 1966).
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship
- Lunar Orbiter 2 launched by US.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 November 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?