Wednesday 7 October 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Glass Key, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1942 ?
- Joy Behar: American talk show host and actress.
- 1 salvo Katjoesja-rocket destroys Nazi battalion in Stalingrad
- Last camouflaged German raider Komet leaves Flushing harbor (Neth)
- US and British government announce establishment of United Nations
- Yvon Robert beats Bill Longson in Montreal, to become wrestling champ
- Maxwell Anderson's "Eve of St. Mark," premieres in New York City.
- World War II: The October Matanikau action on Guadalcanal begins as United States Marine Corps forces attack Imperial Japanese Army units along the Matanikau River.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?