Saturday 7 October 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Harvey, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1950 ?
- Maartje van Weegen [Walet]: Dutch TV hostess.
- Jakaya Kikwete: Tanzanian colonel economist and politician 4th President of Tanzania.
- Walter Bedell Smith replaces Roscoe H Hillenkoetter as 4th CIA head
- Whitey Ford wins his 1st World Series game, 5-2
- William H Jackson, becomes Deputy Director of CIA
- Yanks win 13th world championship sweeping Phillies
- New York Yankees sweep Philadelphia Phillies in 47th World Series.
- US forces invade Korea by crossing the 38th parallel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?