Sunday 7 October 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Nest, directed by Joseph Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1951 ?
- John Mellencamp: American singer.
- John Cougar Mellencamp in Seymour: Indiana, USA; rocker ("Jack and Diane").
- Mark Boothby: British/american actor, director and teacher.
- Enki Bilal: French comic book creator and film director, born to a Slovakian mother and a Bosniak father.
- Carmen R "Tata" Vega: US soul singer (Color Purple soundtrack).
- David J Halberstam: American radio executive
- Anton F Philips: CEO (Philips), dies at 77.
- David Ben-Gurion forms Israeli government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 1951 and get them!