Tuesday 7 October 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1952 ?
- Vladimir Putin: Russian politician, taking the office of President on 3/26/2000, replacing Yeltsin who resigned the prior December 31st, ailing and being edged out of power.
- Ludmila Tourischeva: USSR -- Gymnist (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martyn Harris: Journalist.
- Mary Badham: American actress.
- Jacques Richard: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2002).
- Graham Yallop: Australian cricketer
- Martine Billard: French politician and a deputy to the National Assembly of France. She is a member of the Parti de Gauche.
- 1st Bandstand broadcast in Philadelphia on WFIL-TV (Dick Clark joins in 1955 as a substitute-host)
- Yankees tie their own record of 4 consecutive World Series wins
- New York Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers 4 games to 3 in 49th World Series; New York Yankees tie their own record of four consecutive World Series wins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?