Friday 7 October 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1955 ?
- Yo-Yo Ma: French-American cellist, praised for his extraordinary technique and rich tone.
- Ralph Johnson: American computer scientist and author.
- Bill Henson: Australian photographer.
- Aircraft carrier USS Saratoga at Brooklyn launched
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands
- The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
- Gogi Grant - Suddenly There's A Valley
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?