Sunday 7 October 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Giant, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1956 ?
- Mike Shipley: Australian-English sound engineer and producer (d. 2013).
- Brian Sutter: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- James Van Patten in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Bo - Chisholms).
- Julio Pezua: Jockey.
- Clarence Birdseye: American businessman founded Birds Eye (d. 1956).
- Mary Lena Faulk wins LPGA Heart of America Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?