Monday 7 October 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1957 ?
- Judy Sams: Toronto, Ontario -- Golfer (1994 du Maurier Ltd Classic-38th).
- Michael Smith: Rock Singer.
- Joey Marquez: Filipino basketball player actor and politician.
- Jayne Torvill: English figure skater.
- Michael W Smith: American singer.
- American Bandstand premieres
- KOAC TV channel 7 in Corvallis, OR (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Heart of America Golf Invitational
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 1957 and get them!