Wednesday 7 October 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1959 ?
- Dylan Baker: American character actor.
- Lourdes Flores: Peruvian lawyer and politician.
- Jean-Marc Fournier: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Loris Reggiani: Italian race car driver, a noted competitor who ran in the World Championship along with Max Biaggi and Loris Capirossi.
- Simon Cowell: English recording executive.
- Penny Graeber: Sydney, NSW -- Golfer (1990 6th Vic Open)
- Happy Town opens at 84th St. Theater NYC for 5 performances
- U.S.S.R. probe Luna 3 transmits the first ever photographs of the far side of the Moon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?