Wednesday 7 October 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Send Me No Flowers, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1964 ?
- Yavuz Bingöl: Turkish singer and actor.
- Sam Brown: English singer / songwriter (Stop!).
- Dan Savage: American sex-columnist and author.
- Paul Stewart: Actor (Opening Night, In Cold Blood, Window).
- Rich Delucia: Reading, Pennsylvania -- Pitcher (SF Giants).
- Stuart Hendley: Houston, Texas -- Canadian Tour golfer (1989 Manitoba Open)
- Eugen Varga: Hungarian / Russian economist / politician, dies at 84.
- New York Yankees make 14th appearance in last 16 and 29th in 61st World Series.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 1964 and get them!