Friday 7 October 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Hawaii, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1966 ?
- Ben Thomas: American news figure as the third husband of Roseanne.
- Sherman Alexie: American author screenwriter and producer.
- Marco Beltrami: Italian-American composer and conductor.
- Janet Shaw: Australian cyclist and author (d. 2012).
- Jacqueline Wiatrek: American accident fatality who was born six hours before Billy Wayne Mutz at the same hospital where their mothers shared a room.
- Trent Brown: CFL defensive back (Edmonton Eskimos)
- Billy Mutz: American date-twin, born six hours after Jacque Wiatrek and their mothers shared a room in the hospital. Excelling in agriculture classes in high school, he worked as a welder and was a loving child. An unusual accident fatality, his death came in an unrelated traffic accident four hours after Jacque suffered the same fate. The two accidents occurred some miles apart on 5/20/1989, Billy's on farm road 887 just east of Floresville, TX, 29 N.08, 98 W.10 when he lost control of his pickup truck.
- The Soviet Union declares that all Chinese students must leave the country before the end of October.
- The Baltimore Orioles defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 4 of the World Series, 1–0, to sweep the series for their 1st World Championship.
- Vietnam War: Binh Tai massacre.
- Vietnam War: Dien Nien-Phuoc Binh Massacre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?