Saturday 7 October 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK That's What I Like by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1989 ?
Famous Birthdays:07 October
- Rickey Henderson steals a record 8 bases in a play off (5 games).
- Radio talk show host Larry King weds Julie Alexander.
- The communist Hungarian Socialist Workers' Party votes to reorganize itself as a socialist party, to be named the Hungarian Socialist Party.
- An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.
- In Leipzig, East Germany, protesters demand the legalization of opposition groups and democratic reforms.
- Friday the 13th mini-crash: The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges 190.58 points, or 6.91 percent, to close at 2,569.26, most likely after the junk bond market collapses.
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, leader of the Labour Party, resigns as Prime Minister of Norway. She is succeeded by Jan P. Syse, leader of the Conservative Party on October 16.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?