Thursday 7 September 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1911 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Todor C Zjivkov: Bulgaria -- Partizan / Premier / President.
- Todor Zhivkov: Bulgarian police officer and politician Head of State of Bulgaria (d. 1998).
- Raymond Brohon: Blendecques Military man.
- Pierre Bellet: French magistrate, honorary president of the Court of Cassation (one of France's courts of last resort having jurisdiction over all matters triable in the judicial stream).
- French poet Guillaume Apollinaire is arrested and put in jail on suspicion of stealing the Mona Lisa from the Louvre museum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kathleen Mavourneen - John McCormack
- Believe Me if All Those Endearing Young Charms - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 September 1911 and get them!