Sunday 7 September 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Braswell and Daniel Ken Inouye.
The Red Lily, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1924 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Charles Braswell: McKinney, Texas -- Entertainer.
- Daniel Ken Inouye: (Sen-D Hawaii, 1963- ).
- Hugh Aitken: Composer.
- Leonard Rosenman in Brooklyn: New York, USA; TV composer (Marcus Welby M.D.
- Daniel Inouye American politician (Senator-Democrat-Hawaii): chair of Iran-Contra hearings.
- Daniel Inouye: American politician, the Democratic senior Senator from Hawaii. A hero in WW II, Inouye went into law and entered politics in 1954. He served as precinct president, county committeeman, county secretary, central committeeman and chairman of the territorial convention in 1958. A representative from 1959, he spent over 30 years in Congress, serving on the Watergate Committee and, most notably, Chairman of the Iran-Contra Committee, where he helped engineer a new procedure. Instead of Republicans a
- Bridie Gallagher: Irish singer (d. 2012)
- Leonard Rosenman: American composer and conductor (d. 2008)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jealous - Marion Harris
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?