Wednesday 7 September 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Graham Dudley Whettam and Claire L'Heureux-Dube.
College, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1927 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Graham Dudley Whettam: Composer.
- Claire L'Heureux-Dube: French Canadian jurist.
- François Billetdoux: French dramatic author and novelist.
- Wilson Cadman: American personnel manager and CEO of Kansas Gas and Electric.
- Eric Hill: English-American author and illustrator (d. 2014).
- Claire L'Heureux-Dubé: Canadian lawyer and jurist
- Philo Farnsworth demonstrates 1st use of TV in San Francisco
- The first fully electronic television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth in San Francisco, California, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?