Monday 7 September 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1931 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Al McGuire: United States -- Basketball coach (Marquette).
- Cornelis de Wine: Graphic artist.
- Jean-Pierre Hutin: French journalist at France-Soir and columnist for Radio France, who was the creator and producer of the TV magazine 30 millions d'amis (founded in 1976) and director of the eponymous magazine.
- Bruce Reynolds: English criminal, who masterminded the 1963 Great Train Robbery.
- Charles Camilleri: Maltese composer and conductor (d. 2009).
- Josep Núñez: Spanish businessman
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 September 1931 and get them!