Wednesday 7 September 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Blonde Venus, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 7 September 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 7 September 1932 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
See other famous people born on 07 September
- Earl Grace, ends NL catcher record streak of 110 cons errorless games
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Count Yasuya Uchida -- Sep. 5, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1966
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: William G. McAdoo -- Aug. 29, 1932
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
The second installment in Pearl S. Buck's acclaimed Good Earth trilogy: the powerful story of three brothers whose greed will bring their family to the brink of ruin.
A saga of Jewish working class life in 1920's Manchester.
Tell the world why 7 September 1932 is such a special date for you!