Friday 7 September 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Barretts of Wimpole Street, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1934 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Mary Bauermeister: German painter and illustrator.
- Meir Brandsdorfer: Belgian-born Israeli religious figure (d. 2009).
- Waldo de los Ríos: Argentinian composer and conductor (d. 1977).
- Sunil Gangopadhyay: Indian author and poet (d. 2012).
- Dan Ingram: American radio host.
- Bill Giles in Rochester: New York, USA; baseball owner (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Omar Karami: Lebanese lawyer and politician 58th Prime Minister of Lebanon (d. 2015)
- Little Milton: American singer and guitarist (d. 2005)
- Luxury liner Morro Castle burns off NJ, killing 134
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 September 1934 and get them!