Thursday 7 September 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Anderson and Forrest Blue.
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1944 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Cliff Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons, beginning in 1967.
- Forrest Blue: American football player (d. 2011).
- Bertel Haarder: Danish lawyer and politician Education Minister of Denmark.
- Earl Manigault: American basketball player and coach (d. 1998).
- Bora Milutinović: Serbian footballer and manager.
- Houshang Kermani: Iranian author
- Eduardo Sanchez de Fuentes: Composer, dies at 70.
- SS-General Kurt Meyer takes Durnal Belgium
- Strongest Hurricane of century in the Netherlands (wind force 12)
- WWII: The Belgian government in exile returns to Brussels from London.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 September 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Take It Jackson - Vaughn Monroe
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?