Thursday 7 September 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1950 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Adriano Panatta in Rome: Italy; tennis star (French 1976, Italian 1976).
- Chrissie Hynde in Akron: Ohio, USA; rocker (Pretenders - "Mystery Achievement").
- Julie Kavner: American comedy actress of stage, screen, and TV series.
- David Cannadine: English historian and author.
- Johann Friedrich: German-Australian engineer (d. 1991).
- Peggy Noonan: Author (What I Saw at the Revolution)
- Monasteries shut down in Hungary
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?