Thursday 7 September 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adriano Panatta in Rome and Chrissie Hynde in Akron.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Treasury Men in Action.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1950 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Adriano Panatta in Rome: Italy; tennis star (French 1976, Italian 1976).
- Chrissie Hynde in Akron: Ohio, USA; rocker (Pretenders - "Mystery Achievement").
- Julie Kavner: American comedy actress of stage, screen, and TV series.
- David Cannadine: English historian and author.
- Johann Friedrich: German-Australian engineer (d. 1991).
- Peggy Noonan: Author (What I Saw at the Revolution)
- Monasteries shut down in Hungary
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 September 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?