Monday 7 September 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1953 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Ben Bossi: Rocker (Romeo Void).
- Marc Hunter: New Zealand rock and pop singer best known as the lead vocalist with Dragon, a band formed by his older brother Todd Hunter in Auckland in 1973.
- Michael Byron: American composer.
- Benmont Tench: American keyboard player (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Mudcrutch).
- 67th US Womens Tennis: Maureen Connolly beats Doris Hart (62 64)
- 73rd US Mens Tennis: Tony Trabert beats Elias V Seixas Jr (63 62 63)
- Roy Campanella sets catcher record of 125 (en route to 142) RBIs
- Nikita Khrushchev is elected first secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- Nikita Khrushchev becomes head of the Soviet Central Committee.
- A hurricane in South-East Asia kills over 1,000 people.
- The first German prisoners of war return from the Soviet Union to West Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?