Tuesday 7 September 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Corbin Bernsen: American actor who worked for 15 years before landing the role of Arnie, the opportunistic and womanizing divorce attorney in the TV hit series "L.
- Stéphane Abrial: French General, who served as Chief of Staff of the French Air Force (2006–2009) and as Commander of Allied Command Transformation (2009–2012) based in Norfolk, VA, one of the two NATO strategic commands.
- Michael Emerson: American actor.
- Craig Eaton: American baseball player who made his major league debut as a member of the Kansas City Royals on September 5, 1979.
- Corbin Bernsen in North Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Arnie Becker - L.A.
- Integration begins in Washington DC and Baltimore MD public schools
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?