Saturday 7 September 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while On The Beach by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1957 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Margot Chapman: Hawaii, United States -- Vocals (Starland Vocal Band-Afternoon Delight).
- Jermaine Stewart: American singer-songwriter and dancer (Shalamar) (d. 1997).
- 71st US Womens Tennis: Althea Gibson beats A Louise Brough (63 62)
- WWL TV channel 4 in New Orleans, LA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?