Wednesday 7 September 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1960 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- David Steele: rocker (Fine Young Cannibals - "She Drives Me Crazy").
- Brad Houser: American bass player (Edie Brickell & New Bohemians and Critters Buggin).
- Phillip Rhee: American actor martial artist director and producer.
- Andrew Voss: Australian sportscaster and author.
- Wilhelm Pieck: President of German DR (1949-60), dies at 84.
- Ljudmila Shevcova runs female olympic record 800m (2:04.3)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Bobby Rydell - Volare
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Donnie Brooks - Mission Bell
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?