Saturday 7 September 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Harakiri, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1963 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Eazy E: Rapper.
- Prieto Quintuplets: Venezuelan quintuplets born to a 39-year-old dad, an oil field worker, and a 34-year-old mom.
- Éric Di Meco: French footballer (soccer player) who played professionally as a left defender (1980-1998) and on the national team (1989-1996).
- Eazy-E : American rapper and producer (d. 1995).
- Brent Liles: American bass player (Social Distortion and Agent Orange) (d. 2007).
- 1st US TV appearance of Beatles (Big Night Out-ABC)
- American Bandstand moves to California, and airs once a week on Saturday
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio with 17 charter members.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 September 1963 and get them!