Monday 7 September 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Kes, directed by Kenneth Loach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1970 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Gino Odjick: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Tom Everett Scott: American actor.
- Tom Scott: American film, theatre and television actor.
- PLO hijacks 4 planes
- White Sox use record 41 players in doubleheader and lose both games
- Bill Shoemaker sets record for most lifetime wins as a jockey (passing Johnny Longden).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?