Tuesday 7 September 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1971 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Shane Mosley: American boxer and trainer.
- Briana Scurry: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Soccer goalkeeper (1996 Olympics).
- Tonny Jensen: Australian basketball guard (1996 Olympics).
- Wesley Leasy: NFL linebacker (Arizona Cardinals).
- Melissa De la Cruz: Young Adult Author.
- Spring Byington: Actress (Lily Ruskin-December Bride), dies at 84.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 September 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?