Sunday 7 September 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1975 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Norifumi Abe: Japanese motorcycle road racer (d. 2007).
- Harold Wallace: Costa Rican footballer and manager.
- Marie-Agnès Gillot: French ballet dancer and choreographer with the Paris Opera Ballet.
- 95th US Mens Tennis: Manuel Orantes beats Jimmy Connors (64 63 63)
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open
- Cincinnati Reds, win earliest NL division title
- Manuel Orantes upsets #1 seed Jimmy Connors to win US Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- David Bowie - Fame
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?