Sunday 7 September 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Saïd Kouachi and Emre Belözoğlu.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mysterious World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Fighter or Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1980 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Saïd Kouachi: French Islamist terrorist, participating in the attack against the French journal Charlie Hebdo of 7 January 2014, together with his brother Chérif Kouachi.
- Emre Belözoğlu: Turkish footballer.
- Sara Carrigan: Australian cyclist.
- Serhiy Chopyk: Ukrainian footballer.
- Nigar Jamal: Azerbaijani singer (Ell & Nikki).
- Gabriel Milito: Argentinian footballer
- Javad Nekounam: Iranian footballer
- Mark Prior: American baseball player
- 32nd Emmy Awards: Taxi, Lou Grant, Ed Asner and Barbara Bel Geddes
- Cape Verde adopts its constitution
- John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg stage one of the greatest US Open finals as 21 year old McEnroe fends off Borg to win his 2nd straight title
- Oakland Athletics pitch record 78th complete game of season
- Sandra Spuzich wins LPGA Barth Golf Classic
- Earnest Gray becomes second New York Giants' player to score four touchdowns (vs Saint Louis Cardinals).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?