Sunday 7 September 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing International Karate + or Beyond Protocol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 7 September 2008 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 September
- American mortgage companies Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are taken over by the US government, due to their risk to the economy. The two companies account for nearly half of home mortgages in the US. The two firms will be administered by the Federal Housing Finance Agency until their long-term future is decided. Together, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae own or guarantee about US$5.3 trillion of mortgages and have made a combined loss of about US$14 billion in the past year.
- RENT closed on Broadway, leaving it the 7th longest running Broadway show, with its 12-year run, which began in 1996.
- Hurricane Ike damages 80 percent of homes in the Turks and Caicos Islands. (''The Australian'')
- Two suicide bombers strike in the police headquarters in Kandahar, Afghanistan killing six officers and wounding several more. (AP via ''International Herald Tribune'')
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has announced an early election scheduled for October 14. (BBC News)
- Kurt Beck, the chairman of the Social Democratic Party of Germany steps down. According to media reports, Frank Walter Steinmeier will become the candidate for Chancellor of Germany in the 2009 elections. (ARD German)
- Floods in Brahmaputra river have displaced estimated 2.1 million people and caused 24 deaths in north-eastern state of Assam, India. (''Times of India'')
- Voters in Hong Kong go to the polls for the Hong Kong legislative election, 2008. The Democratic Alliance remains the largest party in the legislature. (Bloomberg)
- Xinhua reports that 20 people are trapped in a coal mine in the Henan province of China following flooding. (AP via ''Charlotte Observer'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?