Tuesday 8 April 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Les Misérables, Part 1: Jean Valjean, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1913 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- 17th amendment, requiring direct election of senators, ratified.
- The 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution, requiring direct election of Senators, becomes law.
- The Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is passed, dictating the direct election of senators.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Henry Burr
- Rigoletto - Deh! Non Parlare Al Misero (Recall Not the Past) - Enrico Caruso
- Gems from Lady of the Slipper - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?