Tuesday 8 April 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Les Misérables, Part 1: Jean Valjean, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1913 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- 17th amendment, requiring direct election of senators, ratified.
- The 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution, requiring direct election of Senators, becomes law.
- The Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is passed, dictating the direct election of senators.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Henry Burr
- Rigoletto - Deh! Non Parlare Al Misero (Recall Not the Past) - Enrico Caruso
- Gems from Lady of the Slipper - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?