Monday 8 April 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Trap, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1918 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Louis Menk: Englewood EXecutives.
- Roberta Cowell: British transsexual, the son of a surgeon and mom who was a fine pianist and singer.
- Glendon Swarthout: American author and academic (d. 1992).
- Betty Ford: American First Lady when her husband, Gerald Ford, was sworn in as the nation's 38th president, minutes after Richard Nixon resigned, 8/09/1974.
- Lou Menk: American railroad entrepreneur who merged Great Northern, Northern Pacific and Chicago, Burlington and Quincy railroads into the largest railroad, with the longest line route, in the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Long Boy - Prince's Orchestra
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Maytime Waltz (Will You Remember?) - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- I'm Going to Follow the Boys - Henry Burr & Elizabeth Spencer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?