Monday 8 April 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William K Everson and Walter Berry.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1929 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- William K Everson: Film historian.
- Walter Berry: Austrian opera singer, a bass-baritone who made his debut with the Vienna Staatsoper in 1950.
- Jacques Brel: Belgian-born French composer, lyricist and singer.
- Renzo De Felice: Italian historian and author (d. 1996).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?