Monday 8 April 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1929 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- William K Everson: Film historian.
- Renzo De Felice: Italian historian and author (d. 1996).
- Walter Berry: Austrian opera singer, a bass-baritone who made his debut with the Vienna Staatsoper in 1950.
- Jacques Brel: Belgian-born French composer, lyricist and singer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?