Friday 8 April 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Gavin in Los Angeles and Sultan Iskandar of Johor.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1932 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Gavin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Felony, Jennifer, House of Shadows).
- Sultan Iskandar of Johor: also the 8th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia (d. 2010).
- Alick Buchanan-Smith: Scottish politician, a Conservative Member of Parliament, returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Sheila Pennington: Canadian psychologist and president of the Centre for the Healing Arts.
- Jean-Paul Rappeneau: French film director and screenwriter.
- Iskandar of: Iskandar of Johor (d. 2010)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 April 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?