Monday 8 April 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Barrett-Connor and Albert G Bustamante American politician (Representative-Democrat-Texas.
Strauss' Great Waltz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1935 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Elizabeth Barrett-Connor: Epidemiologist (Living legacy award - 1984).
- Albert G Bustamante American politician (Representative-Democrat-Texas: 1985-).
- Oscar Zeta Acosta: American attorney, politician, and Chicano Movement activist (d. 1974?).
- Oscar Acosta: American attorney, politician, novelist and activist in the Chicano Movement.
- Elmo Henderson: African-American boxer who defeated Muhammad Ali in an exhibition match during the "Muhammad Ali Boxing Show" in San Antonio, Texas on 24 October 1972, but never achieved widespread fame in the boxing world.
- Albert Bustamante: American soldier educator and politician
- Edwin Cannan: Economist.
- 2nd Golf Masters Championship: Gene Sarazen wins, shooting a 282
- Works Progress Administration approved by US Congress.
- The Works Progress Administration is formed when the Emergency Relief Appropriation Act of 1935 becomes law.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?