Saturday 8 April 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1939 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Mary Leona Gage: American beauty pageant contestant and actress (d. 2010).
- John Arbuthnott: Sir John Peebles Arbuthnott is a Scottish microbiologist, and was Principal of the University of Strathclyde.
- Elizabeth Prophet: American spiritual leader and guru, leader of the Church Universal and Triumphant (CUT) based on Gnostic Christianity, Buddhism, New Age mysticism and masonry.
- Manolis Angelopoulos: Greek singer (d. 1989).
- Mary Gage: American model and actress Miss USA 1957 (d. 2010).
- Trina Hyman: American author and illustrator (d. 2004)
- King Zog I of Albania, flees
- ACV soccer team forms in Axes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?