Saturday 8 April 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1944 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Jean Benguigui: French actor of the screen, stage and on television.
- Hywel Bennett: South Wales, United Kingdom -- Actor (Family Way, Shelley).
- Odd Nerdrum: Swedish-Norwegian painter and illustrator.
- Deke Richards: American songwriter and producer (d. 2013).
- Joey Vieira: American actor and composer.
- Anthony Farrar Hockley: Military historian
- Christoph Hein: Writer
- Jane Labys: American traveler, a passenger on TWA Flight 800 that exploded and went down in the water off Long Island 7/17/1996, one of 230 passengers who perished. She was flying to Paris to join her husband, Walter Labys, a professor at the University of West Virginia who was working for the U.N. for the summer. They had rented a chalet in France.
- Santiago Jimenez Jr American accordionist ("El Mero Mero": "Viva Seguin").
- Roger Chapman in Leicester: Leicestershire, England; rock vocalist (Family - "Family Entertainment").
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love You - Enric Madriguera & His Orchestra
- Mairzy Doats - Pied Pipers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?