Monday 8 April 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dragonwyck, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1946 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Stuart Pankin in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; comedian (Striptease, Congo, Earl - Dinosaurs).
- Stuart Pankin: American actor.
- Tim Thomerson: American actor and producer.
- Catfish Hunter: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played with the Kansas City / Oakland Athletics (1965–1974) and the New York Yankees (1975–1979).
- League of Nations assembles for last time
- The last meeting of the League of Nations, the precursor of the United Nations, is held.
- Electricite de France, the world's largest utility company, is formed as a result of the nationalisation of a number of electricity producers, transporters and distributors.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?