Tuesday 8 April 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1952 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Adam Woods: Rock drummer / pianist (Fixx).
- Ahmet Piriştina: Turkish politician (d. 2004).
- Kaori Momoi: Japanese actress.
- President Truman seizes steel mills to avert a strike
- US President Harry Truman seizes the steel mills to prevent a strike.
- U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?