Sunday 8 April 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Boisson and Roman Dragoun.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Sawdust and Tinsel, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1956 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Christine Boisson: French actress.
- Roman Dragoun: Czech singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Progres 2).
- Jim Piddock: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Justin Sullivan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (New Model Army).
- 6 marine recruits drown during exercise at Paradise Island, South Carolina
- Six marine recruits drown during exercise at Paradise Island, South Carolina, USA.
- 20th Golf Masters Championship: Jack Burke Jr wins, shooting a 289.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?