Sunday 8 April 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1962 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Evan Davis: British journalist and television presenter.
- Izzy Stradlin [Jeff Isabelle] in Lafayette: Indiana, USA; guitarist (Guns N' Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle").
- Paddy Lowe: English engineer.
- Izzy Stradlin: Guitarist.
- Koen Moortel: Belgian physicist, writer, translator, astrologer, photographer and computer programmer.
- Accords of Evian (Algeria) accepted by referendum in France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream) - Roy Orbison
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?