Friday 8 April 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Wright Penn and Robin [Virginia] Wright Penn in Dallas.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1966 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Robin Wright Penn: American actress.
- Robin [Virginia] Wright Penn in Dallas: Texas, USA; actress (Jenny - Forrest Gump, Kelly - Santa Barbara, Princess Bride).
- Robin Wright: Movie Actress.
- Mazinho : Brazilian footballer coach and manager.
- Iveta Bartošová: Czech singer and actress (d. 2014).
- Mark Blundell: English race car driver
- Charlotte Dawson: New Zealand-Australian television host (d. 2014)
- Dalton Grant: English high jumper
- Harri Rovanperä: Finnish race car driver
- Evripidis Stylianidis: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister for the Interior
- George Creten: Belgian sculptor/painter, dies at age 79.
- OAO 1, 1st orbiting astronomical observatory, launched
- Leonid Brezhnev elected Secretary-General of Soviet communist party.
- AFL chooses 36-year-old Al Davis as commissioner.
- Buddhists in South Vietnam protest against the fact that the new government has not set a date for free elections.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?