Monday 8 April 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bennie And The Jets by Elton John.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1974 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Holger Hott Johansen: Norwegian orienteerist.
- Nayden Todorov: Bulgarian conductor.
- Holger Hott: Norwegian orienteering competitor and engineer.
- Nnedi Okorafor: Nigerian-American author and educator.
- Chino XL: American rapper and actor.
- Chris Kyle: War Hero
- James Charles McGuigan: Catholic archbishop of Toronto (Born 1894).
- Discovery Island opens
- at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, Hank Aaron hits his 715th career home run to surpass Babe Ruth's 39-year-old record.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?